There are 2 ways to record a stream.
If the stream is displayed
Click on the red circle in the stream control. The recording is started. The stream control slides to the top and gets a red background.
The red circle symbol disappears and a green square appears instead. This can be used to stop the exposure. In addition, the current recording time in minutes also appears during the recording.
If you use the automatic recording stop, you have the possibility to switch off the stop for the current recording with the context menu.
With the heart you can add the recording to your favorites.
This is also possible via the context menu. In the context menu all commands are available again.
If the stream is hidden
If the stream is not displayed you can open the context menu in the channel list on the left side with the right mouse button. There you will find the menu item “Start Automatic Recording” or “No recording”. With a click on the menu item you switch the recording on or off. The displayed symbols mean
The channel is online but is not displayed or recorded. The channel is online and is displayed but not recorded. The channel is offline and will be recorded as soon as it comes online.The channel is online, recorded and displayed. The channel is online and is recorded but not displayed.
A few technical info
The program CRStreamRec.exe is used for each recording. With it the stream is recorded and packed as mp4. The process no longer has its own window. It can be terminated via the task manager. There it is either entered as a background process when CamRecorder is minimized in the system tray. If CamRecorder is displayed, the process can be expanded and then there is an entry of CRStreamRec.exe for each running recording.
-We have extended the licensing for CamRecorder. From this version it is possible to buy a monthly license. Camrecorder will then run one month unlimited. After the expiration of the month, no new channels can be added, unless there are less than 5 channels stored or you decide to buy a new license.
Nothing has changed in the Unlimited license.
-and now the french translation is coming too. Merci beaucoup à Jean-Charles
-Automatic recording stop can be turned off for a recording in progress, if it is enabled for the channel.
-and once again fixed a few minor bugs.
You can open the CamRecorder Settings window in the toolbar by clicking on the cogwheel. Here you can set what the CamRecorder should do.
- Via the selection Design you can set your preferred layout. Default is blue, then there are light and dark.
- The next point is the language selection of the CamRecorder. Here should be the path that you have selected the first time you start. With a click on the button to the right of it you can select another language file. At the moment german, italian, english or spanish. We are working on it.
- Now to the browser. We have 5 choices that are offered to you when you install the browser. You can use your default browser or you have the choice to start Edge, Firefox, Chrome in private mode or the Lovense browser. With your selection, all pages will be opened, whether you do this by double-clicking on the stream control or the right mouse button in the list.
- The next point is the directory. You should have selected this at the first start and it should be correct. Here all data and folders are created. So you should choose a drive with enough space. The database and the backup file will also be stored in this folder. Please check that you have sufficient rights to read, write and execute. The directory can be searched by the button or you can enter the path directly.
- If you want to change the directory at some point you can enter the new directory and restart CamRecorder. Then you start from scratch. If you want to take your channels with you then you should copy the file CamRecorder.mdb into the new directory. You can also move the whole old folder into the new directory, then everything is as usual.
- In the File Name field, the structure of the files’ name can be customized. For the placeholders click on the question mark. Then all available placeholders will be displayed. Make sure that no illegal characters are used.
- hide when minimize, if the checkmark is in then CamRecorder disappears after minimizing as an icon in the taskbar.
- Copy favorite recording to the favorite folder – if this item is selected, every recording you mark as favorite with the heart will be copied to this folder. You have the files then also in the model folder. If you ever clean up and delete the folders, you should keep the folder. You can also add mp4 files that have not been recorded with the CamRecorder. They will then be displayed in the favorites view.
- Notifications – you can disable all notifications here. In the channel options you have the possibility to set the notification for each channel.
If it bothers you, you can turn it off with the right mouse button on the taskbar icon. Or just here.
- Use the internal player – If you want to play a video you can use the integrated video player. It has the advantage that you can jump to certain positions in the video preview. If you want to use your own player for mp4 files, just uncheck the box.
- In debug mode the windows of TS Stream are displayed and some error logging is done. Among others in the Appdata directory, for the program errors and for the video recordings if something did not work. The debug mode should only be activated if there are problems.
- With Show Stream Header you can choose if you always want to see the stream object header or if it should be hidden.
- Online check at start – If the option is enabled, CamRecorder will check each channel on startup to see if it is online. If there are many channels, a lockout can occur quickly and last a few minutes. If the online check is turned off, all channels will be checked in their time interval.
- Automatic search of all platforms – When creating a new channel, all available platforms are checked for the same username. The search can be switched off here. The search can also be performed manually by clicking on the magnifying glass in the channel name. Then all platforms are searched for the entered channel name.
- X maximum conversions simultaneously – If the recordings need format conversion to mp4 the maximum number of conversion processes can be set.
- License – Yes, unfortunately, this must also be. in the text field should be your purchased license key purely then you can also use more than 5 channels. Just press the order button and you are on our website and can order a key. Don’t worry, the costs are not very high and only once. We are happy about everyone who buys a license and then we know that you like CamRecorder. If the key is correct, the current version will change to full version. And then the more than 5 channels are available.
The Default Settings tab allows you to set the default options for the channels.
If all channels are to be changed with the settings, this can be done via the small gear wheel with arrow.
- Options – Turn notifications on and off, select whether to display the stream and whether to make an automatic recording of the channel.
- The next is the item Recording.
Selection of the video encoder. There are 2 available. The TS Stream is a small program which saves the online stream. The window is hidden. FFMPEG Copy records the online stream and converts it to a full MP4 file. The window is minimized.
The recording quality can be set. 4 resolutions are available. If the station does not transmit the desired resolution, the best resolution is automatically used.
The Memory format can be selected. If “How sent” is selected, the sent format is saved. Except for Stripchat, all pages send in TS format. If a conversion after recording is desired, mp4 can also be selected here. These settings can also be changed for the channel settings.
- Automatic record stop – Here you can set the default time for a recording. You can set this individually for each channel. But this will be explained later. In our experience, 30 minutes is a good time. The files are still manageable and you can delete the pauses or BRB screens without problems and save a little memory.
And when you are satisfied with the settings press the Accept button and your settings will be saved.